What are Class Funds?
Class Funds are used throughout the year for Class Parties, Special Classroom Events and for any additional materials needed for classroom use. Class Funds are collected ONCE at the beginning of the school year to support these classroom initiatives all year long. All Class Fund donations are collected by the Fireside Elementary PTO and are held in separate classroom accounts for each individual teacher. **These funds are for classroom use only, not PTO spending.**
How much $ is the Class Fund donation?
Each family is requested to contribute $35 to their child’s Class Fund.
• $7 goes toward the purchase of your child’s class t-shirt. The class t-shirts will be worn on special event days such as field trips, awards assemblies, field days, school spirit days, etc. Please be sure to specify your child’s t-shirt size with his/her homeroom teacher. Class t-shirts are ordered once at the beginning of the school year, so this is your only opportunity to purchase a class t-shirt.
• $23 goes toward the Class Fund as mentioned above
• $5 goes toward the Specials Class Fund (Art, Music, STEM/ILT & PE). These funds will be used to supplement the minimal district resources allocated for materials/supplies that support projects/events in the Special Area classes.
Who manages the Class Funds?
Each teacher has a selected Room Parent to assist with classroom event planning, volunteer coordination and keeping parents informed of classroom activities. The classroom teacher will announce the Room Parent to the class once selected. The Room Parent will work with the classroom teacher to appropriately budget the class funds across the school year. The Room Parent will also communicate to the classroom families how these funds are spent throughout the school year.
How do I make my Class Funds donation?
• CASH/CHECK: Please print and fill out THIS FORM-staple your cash or check payment (payable to FIRESIDE PTO) to this form. Send this form & payment into the classroom via your child’s take home folder/binder. ***If you have more than one child attending our school, please submit a separate form and payment for EACH child.***
• CREDIT/DEBIT CARD: Pay via credit/debit card using the form below.
CLICK HERE to find out where your donations are going.